Saturday, December 9, 2006

Sounds


The next big task will be getting all the cables and sound sorted out. I've attacked speakers to the rear wall and run cable, but it's all hanging and too short so my rooms looking like a spiders den. Also, the component cable isn't long enough for anything, even at 12'. Honestly, this equipment is not designed with projectors in mind. No one carries the right length of cabling. I'll have to measure and do a cabling run tomorrow. I really need a good product to fasten the cabling to the walls. If anyone got suggestions, I'm game.

5 comments:

Andrew Hawthorn said...

Tape?

Cripes, it sucks to have smart ass friends. Just once, a real answer, huh? Please?

...

What about those covers for cables on the floor (as seen in Penny Arcade as snake covers... fuckin' snakes, think they own everything) The look a little cleaner and could probably take to walls/ceilings pretty well.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I have no idea, search for cabling on the AVS forum, you might find something.

If you recall all the cables strung around the old apartment were taped to the walls using duct tape <.<....not the most sophisticated, but it got the job done. Though the apartment was smaller and I didn't care much.

Anonymous said...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/department.asp?c_id=102

check out this page; I bought a 25 foot long set of component cables and also a 25 foot s-video cable for less than HALF of what I would have to pay retail (even paying shipping).

Regards!

Anonymous said...

that address should end with c_id=102

Charles Dexter Ward said...

Wow, excellent prices! Even with shipping and handling this is far more then I would have had to have paid locally!